Coatings for folded boxes food
TerraWet waterbased coatings protect the printed image with an excellent scratch and scuff resistance, and thus ensure trouble-free production. With their good block and wet block resistance they stand for maximum performance and productivity in the printing process and in converting.
They finish for high visual demands from matt to high gloss. Optimal and stable application characteristics, such as for example a low tendency to foaming or cracking as well as a fast drying, provide for a high efficiency in packaging printing.
For food packaging, ACTEGA Terra offers FoodSafe coatings. FoodSafe stands for the following quality characteristics:
- FoodSafe coatings are low migration. They fall below the global migration limit of 60 mg/kg (EU cube model).
- FoodSafe coatings have been tested by accredited testing laboratories and are certified for the direct contact to dry and fatty foodstuffs.
- FoodSafe coatings correspond to the Swiss Ordinance. They only contain those raw materials that are specified in the positive list (SR 817.023.21).
In addition, FoodSafe coatings do without unrequested constitutional components, such as mineral oils (MOSH, MOAH), heavy metals and phthalates. All FoodSafe coatings are low odour. Please find our product brochure TerraWet Waterbased Coatings here.
Measures by ACTEGA Terra for highest safety
ACTEGA Terra undertakes many measures for the highest possible food safety and in order to provide the high FoodSafe quality:
- Selection and use of highly purified raw materials
- Innovative coating formulations
- Quality controls of raw materials and coating batches
- Regular analysis of raw materials and coatings by independent testing laboratories
- Storage and production in high-quality steel tanks
- Automated production with additional filtration system
- Independently certified hygiene management according to HACCP
- Certified management and environmental management system according to ISO 9001 and 14001
- Reference samples of each batch
- Highly qualified department for product safety
- Extensive know how with regard to food law, packaging law and chemical law